9. References Japanese Page
9-2 Mailing Lists
JPNIC operates the following open mailing lists. For
details of how to participate, please refer to:
- JPNIC-INFO mailing list:
- A mailing list for various information provided by JPNIC. Announcements are made of revisions to published JPNIC documents such as registration regulations, as well as announcements of various forthcoming conferences.
- IP-USERS mailing list:
- This open mailing list is a forum for the exchange of information on the world situation regarding IP address allocation and operation, and for the exchange of opinions regarding allocation policies and application procedures in Japan.
- DOMAIN-TALK mailing list:
With the rapid increase in the number of Internet
users around the world, the situation regarding the
registration and operation of JP domain names is also
undergoing rapid change.
The purpose of this open mailing list is to ensure that the opinions of as many people as possible are reflected in the process of registration JP domain names, thereby helping JPNIC to ensure that registration is conducted in a manner appropriate to the Internet's environment and user needs.
- EDU-TALK mailing list:
- It is important to conduct education activities to ensure the sound promotion and development of the Internet in Japan. This open mailing list is intended to be of use for people associated with these education activities.
- ICANN-D (new mailing list):
- This is a mailing list whose purpose is to inform as many people as possible about the activities of ICANN (Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers). In this mailing list, providing the latest information concerning ICANN, we hope to find ways of conveying participants' opinions and comments to ICANN.