The 'idnkit' is an open source, BSD-like licensed software that provides functionalities about Internationalized Domain Name processing standardized at IETF. Major features that idnkit provides are as follows.
- Core library for IDN processing.
- Light Weight library for IDN processing. (UTF-8 only)
- DNS zone / configuration file encoding converter.
- runidn / idn wrapper
- Dynamic link resolver library for UNIX / Windows.
- BIND 9 patch
- IDN enhancements for BIND 9 DNS lookup tools.
- idnkit-1.0(tar + gzip; 583KB)
- The most recent idnkit.
- coming soon.
- idn wrapper-1.0 (self extract;1706KB)
Wrapper for Winsock32 of Windows95/98/Me/NT4.0/2000/XP.
Please read README_j.txt(in Japanese) or README_e.txt(in English) for installation.
idn wrapper contains GNU libiconv. Please read README_iconv.txt.
- JPNIC's research activity of security investigation of IDN is a part of TAO(Telecommunications Advancement Organization of Japan)'s research.